We made original, handcrafted mini cards, not printed ones. And because this was a Lost Art Creations swap we needed to use one of the companies collage sheets and one "pretty bit" (fiber, charm or ephemera from LAC).
I choose to work with the Dancer's Paradise sheet which is one of my favorites. I love the colors and the paintings Terrie features. Mmmmm~ I also added a snippet of ribbon to each mini card: Fantasea.
I used a lightweight card stock & cut it to size. Then I cut the collage sheet images up, a little smaller than the mini card. I used glue stick to attach the images to the card stock, then I added some rubber stamping using just part of a stamp (or two or three!). I had some dancer stamps and inked up just a shoe or a hand . . I did the same with a Paula Best stamp, using just a few of the words on the block. I did this in a layered fashion, first with a darker color ink and then with a lighter color ink. (VersaCraft). If a part of the stamp made an impression where I did not like it, I could wipe it away with a rag because it was not heat set yet.
After heat setting the ink, I used one of Tim Holtz's dye based Distress inks around the edges. I was going to sell all of these ink pads at a recent Garage Sale I had, but after seeing my friend & student Carol van Gerve use them in a class I taught, I decided to keep a few!!
(click on any photo for more detail)
I wasn't quite sure they were "done" and the inks I used to stamp a second or third time were still moist, so I decided to sprinkle a little embossing powder on! I heated the embossing powder that had a bit of a sparkle to it, and this gave them an interesting, distressed look. I decided to finish them with a couple of coats of gel medium, gloss! Then I printed labels with my info and used them to hold the snippets of ribbon in place. This was a lot of fun, Terrie! thanks.