Detail of one of the pages I've been working on . . . I've been continuing to work in a couple of Altered books under the guidance of Tammy Garcia and her "Novel Approach" online workshop. I really like how she has presented the course, building skills & inspiring ideas as we go. Plus, I love the fact that it is truly, a work-at-your-own pace class . . .Read More
There's something quite inspiring about someone else showing me things to do in a medium I've worked in before. I am trying all kinds of things I have never done before and enjoying in immensely.Read More
Ahh, it feels good to dive in! Today I was able to start prepping the 2 books I had chosen for Tammy Garcia's Novel Approach online course. This course is about art journaling and acrylic paint techniques done in a hardback book, altering it. I love it! . . .Read More
I'm taking an Altered Book Art Journaling course with Tammy Garcia called Novel Approach. I've only just started, but highly recommend it. I have also done Tammy's paper prompts and ICAD challenges -so much fun! One of the things Tammy requested we do to get started was to collect items that appealed to us and create a collage out of some of them . . . saving some things for our pages later . . .Read More
Did you know I have a website dedicated to my online lessons and free mixed media tutorials? Yes, I do! You'll find it here: (I've removed the site as of August 2014)
This afternoon I finished adding PayPal buttons for all of the workshops I offer there so that the lessons could be delivered to you immediately by e-junkie, via a download link. I have wanted to do this for months!
It's really so amazing how a deadline will drive me.
; 0 ) I knew it would be next to impossible for me to send the lessons as pdf files when we will only have dial-up at the cottage -- and we are leaving in a few days! So, now it is all done, hooray! This web work also gave me the chance to go over the whole site and update everything . . . I hope to add more content when we return but in the meantime, there are 4 great workshops that you can purchase anytime and do at your convenience. The lessons are very complete and I have received rave reviews! There's a fabric book/quilties workshop, a collage workshop, a photo-art journal workshop and a fabric stamping and painting workshop. I hope you check them out. Yours, lenna
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
~ Leonardo da Vinci
- Strathmore 2012 Online Workshop Series: 3 free workshops. Doodles Unleashed (mixed media technique) Watercolor Sketching, and Force Drawing Technique, with 3 different instructors.
- Book of Days with Effy Wild: art journaling with videos on how to create your own art journal and inspiration to fill it. This is a year long project with a Flickr group and a facebook group.
- Green Pepper Press Street Team Challenges: Michelle Ward leads wonderful monthly art challenges for you to do in your own art journal and share as you wish by posting on your blog or flickr or wherever, linking via comments on the GPP blog.
- Creative Jump Start Summit 2012: Hosted by Nathalie Kalbach and featuring I believe, 22 awesome artists and their "jump starts". I just watched the Jump Start #1 video with Dina Wakely and it was really so good! I look forward to more from the other artists.
- Creative Every Day: with Leah Piken Kolidas. Inspiration and a place to share your creative activities, based on a theme if you wish. This is a "low pressure challenge with the idea of bringing more creativity into our lives." There is a flickr group for sharing as well.
- Tag Tuesday: Hosted by Carolyn Saxby. Create a Tag on a seasonal theme that will be posted every Tuesday. Keep and use the tag yourself, but simply post a photo to Tag Tuesday.
- Art Journal Every Day: with Julie Fei-Fan Baltzer. I can't say enough good things about this project/challenge where the idea is to try to do a little (10 mins) art journaling every day. Lots of inspiration from Julie and fellow art-journalers on the accompanying flickr group.
- Green Paper: with Mary Green. Every month Mary provides both images and a challenge to use them in any way you like, then share a link on her blog. The January challenge is here, and you have up until January 8th to upload yours. I often do these challenges and always enjoy. Mary has a wonderful bank of Vintage images which she so freely shares with us for this monthly challenge.
- Penny from the Linen Shelf is soon to start an ATC challenge. Her idea is that we will make an ATC based on the calendar month and we will keep the ATC but add a link to her site, by the end of the month so we can all enjoy. My friend Joanna in the UK told me about this and it looks promising!
- Creative Swaps: hosted by me -but usually not free! (the only one in the bunch) There are no art exchanges running currently, but you will find creative swaps up and running again in the near future. You may sign up for the Swap Participants Newsletter - this will alert you to any NEW art swaps hosted by me.