A visit usually starts with one of us hearing the sound of breathing from one of the manatees coming up for air in the canal, and/or seeing a large circle of rings in the water in front of our dock . . . maybe some splashing! We listen & watch to see if manatees are visiting us again . . .Read More
I'm filling up my tiny moleskine journal fast - it's only got a few blank spreads left!Read More
-In my moleskine journal. It won't be long before it is filled up!Read More
After a couple of weeks of not working in my journal, I got started with a page of leaf prints I made on deli paper last week. I really wanted to add some of these prints to my small moleskine journal, sized 3.5" x 5.5". It is really quite small . . . .Read More
Art must be an expression of love or it is nothing.
~ Marc Chagall
|Color chart above is in Bill's book, Expressive Figure drawing|
|Close up of Bill's try - I just love the colors!! You can tell he is quite practiced at color theory.|
|I caught Bill Buchman by surprise here . . .|
I have been having a great time learning from him and painting in his class.
I will certainly miss it when class ends April 23.
|(above) This is mine and I do not like it one bit!|
I find solace in the remark that Bill made in an earlier class. He said,
"An artist is someone who can make something he does not like but goes on
to make more pieces, does not give up."
|I know this one above is Barbara's, it is beautiful!|
|Another view of Bill Buchman's piece.|
an example of her art:
. . . . writing the story of your life.
I just realized, watching this animoto video I made, that it was actually about healing. The art you see, the Nia/dance, the beach, the sun, water and shells, taking these photographs, my dogs and my family, especially my husband, have been my way to heal after the loss of my father. I am so grateful for all I have and I hope you enjoy the sand and sea.
happy holidays - dance, sing & have fun with the ones you love.
credits: Editing: Michael König | http://koenigm.com
Music: Jan Jelinek | Do Dekor, faitiche back2001
w+p by Jan Jelinek, published by Betke Edition
http://janjelinek.com | http://faitiche.de
Image Courtesy of the Image Science & Analysis Laboratory,
NASA Johnson Space Center, The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov
Shooting locations in order of appearance:
1. Aurora Borealis Pass over the United States at Night
2. Aurora Borealis and eastern United States at Night
3. Aurora Australis from Madagascar to southwest of Australia
4. Aurora Australis south of Australia
5. Northwest coast of United States to Central South America at Night
6. Aurora Australis from the Southern to the Northern Pacific Ocean
7. Halfway around the World
8. Night Pass over Central Africa and the Middle East
9. Evening Pass over the Sahara Desert and the Middle East
10. Pass over Canada and Central United States at Night
11. Pass over Southern California to Hudson Bay
12. Islands in the Philippine Sea at Night
13. Pass over Eastern Asia to Philippine Sea and Guam
14. Views of the Mideast at Night
15. Night Pass over Mediterranean Sea
16. Aurora Borealis and the United States at Night
17. Aurora Australis over Indian Ocean
18. Eastern Europe to Southeastern Asia at Night
I hope you enjoy!