A new swap has been announced on my Creative Swaps Blog - Ocean/Sunset ATCs! Complete: 04/23/2016Read More
The flags were sent to me to be exchanged/ swapped and then returned home. View all of the flags that were created for this swap on my creative swaps blog. A visit to the blog is recommended for inspiration factor alone! Beautiful artist prayer flags arrived in my mailbox from Scotland, Great Britain, Germany, Norway, Canada and many of the states across the USA -so much fun!
As part of this exchange I wanted to share photos of my swapped flags hanging up and then invite the participants to do the same. I'm adding a "link list" to the creative swaps blog so everyone can add a link themselves to a specific blog post or photo that shares the flags they received, hanging up. I'll add this to the "link list" on creative swaps as soon as I finishing sharing my photos with you!
As the swap hostess I was unexpectedly gifted with many gorgeous prayer flags, 23 of them to be exact! I also participated in this swap. I made 3 to swap but I also made 3 extras to hang with my received swaps, for a total of 26 flags hanging! Details of the flags I created are shown in my September 17th post if you'd like to see.
I started by dividing my prayer flags in three fairly equal piles, trying to coordinate them. The Super-Tech spool on the counter is the fishing line I decided to use to hang them. Click for details!
There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
- Author Unknown
In this post I will show you the rest of the prayer flags I made. If you'd like to see ALL of the wonderful and beautiful, creative and thoughtful prayer flags made by the 36 participants - visit the creative swaps blog. When you get to the bottom of the blog page, you will need to click on Older Posts to view more! I am in the process of swapping them out and sending them home. When the flags are all sent I will give the artists the opportunity to share photos of their own flags and the swap flags they received, hanging up in the breeze! So watch creative swaps main page for more beauty.
I did really enjoy hand stitching and adding beads in front of the river . . .
- This is a 3 for 3 Prayer Flag swap - Create THREE prayer flags in exchange for the same amount in return
- each flag will have a word, a prayer, a wish or a hope associated with it.
- simple or no sewing is okay
- Due in my hands September 15, 2012
The $10 registration fee includes a 10 page pdf lesson on making prayer flags, plus the return postage for your flags, sent anywhere in the world. Find the complete details on the CreativeSwaps blog! Follow the link below to learn more and register . . .
- See more completed flags made for the swap by our talented participant Frieda Oxenham:
All so very wonderful!!
yours creatively, lenna young andrews
art & life: http://creativelenna.blogspot.com
online classes/free tutorials: http://www.alittlecreativespace.com
art swaps: http://creativeswaps.blogspot.com
If you could choose one characteristic that would get you through life, choose a sense of humor.
~ Jennifer Jones
We have been dealing with Tropical Storm Debby since early last weekend, but I have just announced my new Creative Swap and encourage you to take a look. It is going to be inducing a lot of creativity, I think . . .Read More
|Prayer Flags. Have you ever made one?|
|Above, the back of my "balance" prayer flag|
Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people do that but the really great people make you feel that you too, can become great.
~ Mark Twain
|Sunday 01-08-12 with Winalee on the far left|
|Chreyl LOvEs her lightweight custom made paddle!|
|We went out in Starfish with the electric motor|
|Cheryl & Chloe - too cute!|
|Steven with the electric motor - it's rechargable!|
Yesterday was my art class at the Longboat Key center for the Arts. I had been taking photos with my instructors approval . . . and yesterday he asked me if I was filming?? I said, no -just taking pictures so far, but I certainly could!! So, I filmed one of his demos, then shared it with him and he said yes -posting it would be great! I will embed it here, but if you cannot see it below, use this link view it here on You Tube. It is fun and only 3 mins long.
I have been working on creating paper beads and learning more about them . . . I am not ready to announce the swap yet but soon! Some of my beads so far . . . .
- Strathmore 2012 Online Workshop Series: 3 free workshops. Doodles Unleashed (mixed media technique) Watercolor Sketching, and Force Drawing Technique, with 3 different instructors.
- Book of Days with Effy Wild: art journaling with videos on how to create your own art journal and inspiration to fill it. This is a year long project with a Flickr group and a facebook group.
- Green Pepper Press Street Team Challenges: Michelle Ward leads wonderful monthly art challenges for you to do in your own art journal and share as you wish by posting on your blog or flickr or wherever, linking via comments on the GPP blog.
- Creative Jump Start Summit 2012: Hosted by Nathalie Kalbach and featuring I believe, 22 awesome artists and their "jump starts". I just watched the Jump Start #1 video with Dina Wakely and it was really so good! I look forward to more from the other artists.
- Creative Every Day: with Leah Piken Kolidas. Inspiration and a place to share your creative activities, based on a theme if you wish. This is a "low pressure challenge with the idea of bringing more creativity into our lives." There is a flickr group for sharing as well.
- Tag Tuesday: Hosted by Carolyn Saxby. Create a Tag on a seasonal theme that will be posted every Tuesday. Keep and use the tag yourself, but simply post a photo to Tag Tuesday.
- Art Journal Every Day: with Julie Fei-Fan Baltzer. I can't say enough good things about this project/challenge where the idea is to try to do a little (10 mins) art journaling every day. Lots of inspiration from Julie and fellow art-journalers on the accompanying flickr group.
- Green Paper: with Mary Green. Every month Mary provides both images and a challenge to use them in any way you like, then share a link on her blog. The January challenge is here, and you have up until January 8th to upload yours. I often do these challenges and always enjoy. Mary has a wonderful bank of Vintage images which she so freely shares with us for this monthly challenge.
- Penny from the Linen Shelf is soon to start an ATC challenge. Her idea is that we will make an ATC based on the calendar month and we will keep the ATC but add a link to her site, by the end of the month so we can all enjoy. My friend Joanna in the UK told me about this and it looks promising!
- Creative Swaps: hosted by me -but usually not free! (the only one in the bunch) There are no art exchanges running currently, but you will find creative swaps up and running again in the near future. You may sign up for the Swap Participants Newsletter - this will alert you to any NEW art swaps hosted by me.
Yesterday, I announced a special giveaway on my creative swaps blog to celebrate writing 1000 posts! I know that seems like a huge number, but it is because I write a post for each participant, sharing their swap artwork for every swap we do. Plus, I started using that blog to record and share the art swaps I host back in 2007. Please go to this post on my creative swaps blog to learn more about the giveaway and how easy it is to enter to win! Sunday evening, August 14th is when I will draw for 5 prizes.
: ^ ) lenna
I have a new ATC swap just announced on Monday evening -have you heard about it yet? Just in case, here's a link for you to read all about it. This exchange is organized on my creative swaps blog and joins a colorful July ATC swap and a summer day themed Postcard mail art swap. The three swaps have staggered due dates over the summer months and into September. At this point (July 13) I still have space available in all three swaps
Today, to my surprise and delight, my dear friend Frieda in Scotland signed up for not one set of the August ATCs . . . but two! Then, in truly record time, she created her ATCs (for the swap I announced 2 days ago) and has already uploaded them to her blog -wow! If you would like a peek to see how she handled the theme, please visit her blog. I think you will be delighted, I love just them!! Frieda also completed her Postcard mail art swaps and you can view those here, equally awesome. ; ^ ) lenna
|Frieda Oxenham's Little Books|
Some instructions: This is a HD (High Definition) video at 720pHD. Just click on that number on the screen if your computer prefers 480p or 360p. Next to the numbers in the right corner of the screen is a little box. If you click on it you can view the video in Full-Screen. Just hit the Esc key when you are done. It is over 5 minutes long, but I think well worth every minute. I am sorry for misspelling "Maryland, USA" twice! I could not go back and fix the spelling after I realized it, as I had finally gotten one photo from everyone included in the song and the video was already produced.... enjoy!
I am really proud of the Little Book swap and all the players! A new swap will be announced later this week, most likely. Go to the creative swaps blog to learn more! : ^ ) lenna